What is Community Organization?
1. Multiple people in multiple organizations
2. Democratic process to create sustained change
3. Variations in size and organizational structure from formally incorporated to much smaller and informal.
4. Interaction, integration and co-ordination of existing, or new, institutions, interest groups, and activities
5. Usually includes confrontation of some sort such as meeting with corporate or government entities.
Several local people are included in the coming book and some are on this website.
I especially like the Hero of the Week articles on the "Getting Florissant Schools, Library, Parks and Cemetery" page.
You can click website articles to view the articles in a larger more readable (separate) window.